Skip to main content

Shameless Self-Promotion

Happy New Year!

2017 brings with it me officially putting myself back onto the job market. (My daughter will begin kindergarten in the fall and turns 6 shortly after--my days of parenting full-time are drawing to an end.)

And as I stared in confusion yesterday while a former White House economist started following me on social media (cool, but why?), I began to wonder if I could use my network of contacts to, well, network. Some of you know me. Some of you do not. Feel free to glance at my About section to get an idea of what makes me tick. I can roast coffee, shear a sheep, read music, speak a little French, once co-managed a radio station, and help decide where stop signs go in my town. It's a weird little resume that I'm happy to provide by request for any serious possible employers. The bottom line is I'm pretty versatile.

I'm not picky about the field. My degree is in psychology with a minor in religion, I spent a year in law school, and I've spent about as much time in educational testing as I did at a non-profit museum. I'm just hoping for something with some meat to it--I like work that is rewarding on multiple levels. If I get to use my advanced education, help people, improve lives, or build relationships all the better! Please let me know if you have a good lead on something.

In the meantime...

If you're in the Chicago area take a look at my Photography Portfolio. I'm interested in taking on clients for family and pet photography, primarily, but I'm open to doing your acting headshot, birthday party, real estate you're selling, whatever. Affordable and flexible.

You can reach me by e-mail: newfangleddad at gmail