Skip to main content

What I'm reading...

I'm a fairly avid non-fiction reader. I used to religiously put my current books on Goodreads to share with my friends, but that got to be too time-consuming. So I'm going to attempt to put them here.

It's what I'm reading--probably without comment, good or bad. If something strikes me as especially wonderful or horrible I'll offer notes. But you can be fairly certain that if I brought it home to read it at least seemed like a good chance it would be thought-provoking. Feel free to ask if you want an opinion on a certain book.

Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind by Sakyong Mipham

Consumed: Food for a Finite Planet  by Sarah Elton

Swastika Nation: Fritz Kuhn and the Rise and Rall of the German-American Bund by Arnie Bernstein

Teachings of the Hindu Mystics edited by Andrew Harvey

Martin Buber: Prophet of Religious Secularism by Donald J. Moore

Essential Hinduism by Steven J. Rosen

Those Angry Days: Roosevelt, Lindbergh, and America's Fight Over WWII, 1939-1941 by Lynne Olson

Ranger Confidential: Living, Working, and Dying in the National Parks by Andrea Lankford

The Sacred Writings of Paul translated & annotated by Ron Miller

Comments

  1. That is one broad swath of interests you have there Newfangled. I will be very interested in your thoughts about Running with the Mind of Meditation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running with the Mind of Meditation I haven't gotten to yet, but I've thumbed through it. It's more from the spiritual perspective since he founded meditation centers. But he happens to be a runner so I'd call it more his thoughts on the relationship between the two...if that makes sense? It's not written from the running perspective about the mental aspects of the sport. Which, actually, is more what I'd be interested in. But it looked worth trying since it's up my alley.

      Delete

Post a Comment