Skip to main content

Exciting blog news!

Not only are we currently less than 200 readers away from hitting 3000 (absolutely amazing, never expected that many people to want to hear what I have to say about parenting, running, and coffee!), but I've got a new project in the works that I wanted to announce.

As I've begun my search for a new nutrition and hydration regimen for the marathon--that both works for me and is hopefully more natural--I've asked a few companies to offer their products up for review with the understanding that I will give an honest take and pass the info on to my readers. Many of you are runners or know a runner. It's a win-win as far as word of mouth for what works.

So far, Nuun, Honey Stinger, and Olympia Granola have all agreed to send something. In fact, my first box from Olympia Granola arrived yesterday and has me psyched. With this great weather, I'm doing a run tomorrow morning and I can't wait to take a bar or two for a taste drive.

In the coming months, look for great information on sports nutrition and how I'm formulating a strategy that will hopefully get me a Personal Record and not be based on artificial-tasting, disgustingly syrupy stuff that you typically find in your running store. Good, better stuff is out there and I hope to help you find it. It can be done!

So a big thank you to the companies participating and I look forward to running with your products!