Skip to main content

Feeling thankful

Being alive. Waking up this morning. My son. My daughter. The woman who gave them to me and every day completes both our family and my world. The food on our table and that we're blessed enough to be able to worry that others are not so fortunate. The roof over our heads while others sleep in the streets. Our family and friends scattered across the globe and the technology that allows us to connect with them like they're right here. Our greyhound. Good music and art and wine that gives life deeper soul. The wisdom of the poets and thinkers who remind us that we are more than this and that our spirits transcend the earthly suffering. For health and freedom. For the things in life that bring me joy--another marathon completed, a good cup of coffee, books from the library.

Happy Thanksgiving and may your life be filled with similar blessings.