Skip to main content

Admit it, guys.

Let me preface this entry by stating that I'm a pretty active dad. We just had a conversation last night about how exhausting Cole is now compared to when he was a newborn. And I'm not an armchair father. I get in there with the action. I'm not sure I could live with myself if I just sat on the couch and watched him on the floor. I'm all about throwing the ball, making the toy cow walk on his head, letting him climb all over me, etc.. We eat together on the floor. I crawl after him down the hallway.

That said...I may have slept soundly through my turn to get up last night. Or, rather, I may have heard him squawk once, figured since he sleeps through the night that he would roll over and go back to bed, and I then rolled over and fell back asleep.

Well, I was informed this morning that Kelly was up to feed him a bottle. Oops.

But I did take her turn with the dog walking duties this morning since she was late for work. Fair and square? I dunno. It's a little biased against me that I'm a heavy sleeper. And hey, remember that thing about how active I am during the day with him?

Even without being too far removed from middle of the night feedings and diaper changes, it's going to be tough going back when the new baby arrives.

So, dads, how many times has it been your turn but you slept through it?