Skip to main content

Quality time

I got a lovely Twitter spam this morning from someone who plastered the interwebs (as Kelly calls them) with asking if I'd like a "strong family bond"...followed by a link to the Six Flags profile. Because what better way to bond than over some expensive theme park tickets and long waits in the hot sun?

We were out in the yard taking photos of Kelly's newest knitting project last night (don't ask) so after she had to go back in to check on Leda, I stayed with the little monster playing. I brought a soccer ball which he showed some minor interest in. He can kick and throw and it amuses him when daddy bounces the ball off his head. Mostly...he just wanted to wander from gate to gate across the yard stepping on rocks, touching the trees, sitting in the dirt, and trying to see into the neighbor's yard. I follow him around. He thinks my explanations for things are ridiculous. "That pointy stuff on the tree is called bark. Not like our doggy barks. Tree bark."

I'll take that, thanks. Plus, if we're going to spend money on an overpriced family trip to a theme park, we're at least going to one with some attention to detail & fewer teens who haven't figured out how to behave in public. I'll take the tourists from Japan & smelly French, thanks. We're going to Disney World!